Sunday, September 17, 2017

Reading Packs

Unlike mainstream classrooms where they read a different book every day, in my class they have 1x book for the week however they have a different focus each day that they read. They also take their reading books home as well as the activities. I make up a 'reading pack' with activities that vary depending on the book and level. Another teacher at my school, Lidia, structures her reading programme similarly so we swap our reading packs to share activities and ideas. It is a great way to share the work load and to get ideas. I love having another teacher to bounce ideas off.

Here are some examples of the activities i have made for a Magenta 1/2 book and a Red 3 book.


1 comment:

  1. Your literacy folders are great, thanks for sharing with me.

    ReplyDelete